Monday, July 27, 2009

A Shower to Remember!


Saturday was full of food, great company, amazing women and fun games! A huge thanks to mom (the M.O.B.), Rachael (the M.O.H.) and Nada (the BEST) for all the hard work and small thought out details.

The M.O.H.



The M.O.B


The morning started with hanging out with the boys. Jaden and I watched some cartoons while Doug got ready for the day. When the boys left for their errands, I went to get my nails done. (I had been looking forward to this for the whole week!) Johnny took care of my nails while telling me of his gambling problem ... it was interesting!

Then I went to mom's and hung out until party time. There was so much food to bring over, dad had to drive it next door! The decorations were lovely and I was so excited for the first guest to arrive! Heather and Cyndi was the first followed by Auntie "O". Then the guests didn't stop flowing! The food was every where you turned and all of my favorites! Wiener roll ups, artichoke/spinach dip, chocolate and the list went on! I was so overwhelmed with how many people came to celebrate! The Green Bay family showed up as the second wave of guests! It was so nice that they made the trek down to Waukesha to visit.



After socializing and trying to make the rounds, Rachael called the troops to open gifts. Oh my goodness the mound of presents was HUGE! It was like Christmas on steroids! The trick of opening pressents was that I had to answer a question about Doug in between each present. If I answered incorrectly, I had to chew a piece of bubble gum. And it wasn't any kind of bubble gum ... it was BUBBLE YUM! Only the largest pieces of gum ever! haha I did pretty well with the first few questions. Then it got bad. I was slurring and spitting all over. Pam, Kris and Janet were sitting up front and had all sorts of funny things to say that got me snorting or spitting all over. At one point I took half out and started over again.

After what seemed like forever, the presents were all unwrapped. People started heading home and saying their good byes. We called Doug and Jaden over so Doug could open up the gift from Grandma Van. She made him a beautiful scrapbook of all these pictures of Doug growing up and captions on each of them. It was so beautiful! Jaden of course, being the ham that he is, flirted with all of the aunts. I think everyone was really glad the boys came over.

Jaden opened a present from Aubry and Joey from his birthday. It was a Mickey Mouse snow cone maker. he was so excited and wanted to open it right away. I explained that we had to put it in the freezer first. He said ok, hugged the box tight and ran off. I assumed he went to show off his present to someone else. Nope, the smarty pants marched right over and put it in Nada's fridge! Who knew he was so smart!


<---- notice the blue box on the shelf ... that's the snow cone maker!

After a few beers and stories about the day, we finally made it home! What a wonderful day, spent with wonderful family and friends. Thank you ladies for making a day I will always remember!

Love, Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment