Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Great Blue Ram


Invitations were stuffed, envelopes sealed ... today was the day to mail the invitations. Becky and I head out on our lunch break to the local Menomonee Falls Post Office ... little did we know it would be so difficult to find! I called the National Support line to find out where it was ... he said it was on Appleton ... well we were on Appleton. After spotting the large american flag flying in the front, we finally spot the random building that also houses three other businesses.

We walk into the post office to have the invite weighed. "Well, you're going to need four stamps" said the lady. I asked if we could have them metered ... she didn't even acknowledge my question and said "well I think we can get it down to three stamps. Two wedding cake stamps and this blue ram stamp. Will that be ok?" What was I supposed to say? "NO it's not ok, ask the post master to make another 17 cent stamp with a wedding bell on it." I just chuckled and said "What would a wedding invitation be without a tacky blue ram stamp on the front?"




Now, I don't know how many people actually notice the stamps on letters that are mailed ... but it's going to be hard not to notice the blue ram. I even have a picture to remember the adventure! As another coworker said "There is never a dull moment with Medal"

See you ladies in 3 days!
Love, Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment