Monday, September 7, 2009

Will this be the last time signing Melissa Medal?


The wedding planning is in full force, including several calls a day between Mom, Rachael and myself. I've got over 100 of the brownie pops baked. I ran out of eggs, so I have to go and get more. The attendant gifts are just about finished; waiting for a few things to come in the mail. The day's agenda has been created and just needs some tweaking. All of the confirmation phone calls need to be made over the next week and a half.

I only have 6 days left of work. I can't believe it's happening so fast. I almost wish it would slow down so I could enjoy every second just a little bit longer. I've loved all of the planning and details. Although I could have gone without some of the tiffs. But all is turning out well!

I had my final dress fitting last week. She made some alterations that made the WORLD of a difference! I felt like a movie star in it! When it was time to change back into my clothes, I was sad to take it off. I can't even imagine the excitement and what will be going through my head the next time I put the dress on. That will be the last time I wear the dress too .. .the entire day long. From the moment I put that dress on, the entire day is going to fly by. Pictures with the girls, walking down the aisle, saying our vows, riding the limo, toasts, dancing, kisses, family. I just don't want it to be over!

We will be officially married and an official family. I'll be a Bissing. I should start practicing making my "B"s Although it takes a few weeks to get all the paperwork in order before I'm officially a Bissing. I think I get a new Social Security number ... but I'm not sure. I remember when Doug and I were dating I'd sometimes sign my name Melissa Bissing when paying at the grocery store. It was our way of playing house. Made both of us smile at the fact that some day it would be real. I would truely be Melissa Bissing. Now each time I sign my name, I think "what if this is the last time I'm a Medal?" I've thought that everytime I've signed my name since we've gotten engaged. Now it's getting close the the last time is nearing. But how exciting to know that I'll be a Bissing in less that two weeks!

Darn it, Jaden is up again ... Mom duty calls!

Love, Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment